Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Its gonna cost how much?!?

Well I have been doing some research on how to go about getting my P.P.L. and decided that one of the local Flying Clubs would be the way to go. I reached out to the Pacific Coast Flyers and was put in contact with Jeff White, the Chairman of this club. Jeff gave me an idea of what I could expect along the way to my P.P.L., gave me reasons why learning to fly through a club would be a better option then learning through a school and gave me an idea of what I could expect to pay for all of this.

According to Jeff most of his students get their license in about 55 hours of training. There are two separate costs associated in an hour of training, one is the plane rental, which in this case would be $120 for a Cessna 172, the other parts is for the actual instruction, $50 is Jeff's fee. So one hour of training is $170. Jeff said that a typical lesson is between one and one and a half hours, and that I should go two or three times a week. I don't even need a calculator to know that this is going to cost a fortune, but hey, I knew that going into this, which is exactly why I have put it off for so long.

I decided that a discovery flight is the way to go right now, so Jeff and I scheduled an hour after work to take me up in the air, let me get my hands on the controls, and see if this is something I really want to pursue.

No comments:

Post a Comment